Welcome to FEVA online
Feva is a non-denominational ministry to the Visual Arts. The Feva Ministry exists with the goal of knowing Christ and making him known, particularly amongst the arts community in Sydney.
Feva is achieving this goal in the following ways: a ministry to students at a number of arts campuses, a church in Marrickville, and more recently the Create ministry. Read More
MINISTRY TO STUDENTS
Student Ministry has always been the core work of Feva. Feva teaches the Bible and encourages students to investigate Christianity on a number of campuses where the Visual Arts and design is taught, including the College of Fine Arts, Sydney College of the Arts, UNSW Faculty of Built Environment, UTS Faculty of Design Architecture and Building and the National Art School. Read More
THE Annual FEVA END OF YEAR DINNER - Thursday 21st November
You're finished for the year! (or hopefully will be by this stage) and it's time to celebrate with a picnic feast!
Join us as we gather together to reflect on 2013, farewell our soon-to-be grads and thank God for his work in our lives.
When: 6-10pm, Thursday 21st November
Where: The top floor of Carillon House, accessible from the driveway at 28 Carillon Avenue.
Free parking on golden grove, Forbes, Queen and Wilson streets
Dress: something that befits a semi-formal rooftop picnic!
RSVP to Jemima Trappel by Wednesday 20th November for catering purposes, and let her know any dietary requirements.
A NEW CHURCH?
You heard correctly! Or kind of. In 2001 FEVA planted a church known as Petersham Evening Church as a partner in our campus ministry. That church still lives on, but we are now meeting out of Marrickville West Public School and are no longer called PEC. Instead, our new name is...
Please come and visit us as we start this new-ish adventure.
There are a number of things we need help with across the various FEVA ministries. You may know someone who's just right.
- In the office we can always do with secretarial help a couple of days a week. The more administrative help we have the more we can do. Maybe you just want to come and clean and tidy for a morning!
- The Outreach Posters ministry needs retired people (we think this is ideal) to deliver posters in the Northern and Western parts of Sydney (preferably people who are handy with basic tools).
- We need more people with marketing expertise to market Outreach Media products.
- We need more writers to help us write good prose for the monthly notes that are distributed to churches around Australia and to help us write other web articles and tracts for Outreach Media projects.
- We're always interested in having more graphic designers, film makers and other media/content generators join us to offer their talent. We'd need to see samples of work.
- Free for a weekend? Good with tools? Come and help us build storage for the office.
If you have time to volunteer for any of these jobs or if you know anyone that might be suitable, please do let us know. Contact Sam Terry on 0431 913 510 should you have any questions.